Version 5.0.1, September 20th, 2017
- fixed Problem with pop-up and fly-in display methods when conditions are used but no timeout is set (share buttons appear immediately when no timeout is set)
- fixed Problem with not showing all the time share buttons in sidebar when percent is set to appear/disappear
- fixed Possible problem with not deactivating the post type settings
- fixed Not saving all the time custom positions by post type options
Version 5.0, September 18th, 2017
Important notes for updating to version 5
Version 5 is major plugin update. It was widely tested on real sites for a period of 1 month but we suggest to make a test before processing to update and if problem appear report it to us. Inside support system or your Envato account you can download previous official version 4.3.4 to downgrade.
The following extensions that you may use in past are not part of Easy Social Share Buttons core plugin: AMP, Opt-in Below Content, Opt-in Booster, Opt-in Flyout. If you use one of them on your site you need to deactivate them before updating plugin to ensure no errors will appear on site.
Important Note! If you use CDN, cache, Easy Social Share Buttons pre-compiled mode or built-in cache once you make a migration to version 5 you need to do a full cache clear to ensure all new static resources are loaded. If that actions is not made you may start see functions that does not work as expected or static resources errors
- new Brand new admin control center
- new 3 new templates added in share buttons: Flow, Flow Jump & Glow
- new New share counter recovery module with advanced options
- new New Fake/Internal share counter function (all your counters will run in internal mode and you can set initial share value per site and per post)
- new Developer integrations included into settings. Create your own display integration (with custom method, action or hook), name it and it will appear inside settings like build in display methods. It is easy to make an integration without touching code and use a friendly settings interface like all other display methods.
- new New plugin Core version 5.0
- new Plugin function modes – you can easy activate/deactivate unused functions with preset modes or in custom mode
- new Automatic mobile setup option available
- new Preset optimization levels for easier plugin optimize (custom mode like in past is also available)
- new Static CSS resource builder – you can easy set the modules you will use and build a static file that will be used or select none and use your own styles
- new New Follow Me display method included
- new Conditions in display methods can work together now (for example on pop up you can set timeout, scroll & exit intent and they will work together)
- new New networks support inside Social Profiles and Followers Counter: PayPal, iTunes, DeviantArt, WhatsApp, TripAdvisor, Telegram & Snapchat
- new Mobile support for On Media share buttons – all your buttons will be always visible when mobile device is detected
- new New advanced functions of On Media display: always show buttons on any device, exclude images with specified selectors, add Facebook Application ID to allow share inside Facebook of selected image.
- new New functions added to the most popular mobile display method Share buttons bar: increase number of columns to 8, add option to display top or bottom, add option to display on scroll, option to display custom ad area along with mobile share display buttons (can also work with method display conditions)
- new New store shortcode option. You can set a name of shortcode and save it along with all of options. The stored shortcodes are used with key and you can easy manage or change them in feature without need to replace all included shortcodes
- new Settings rollback – plugin will store last 10 setups and you can easy restore back past setup with a single click
- new New AMP support module bundled into plugin core (if you use AMP extension in the past you should deactivate it)
- new Opt-in below content extension is now part of core with Subscribe below content name. Included also option to deactivate function on specific posts. If you use the extension before than you need to deactivate it with migration to version 5
- new Opt-in Flyout extension is now part of core with Subscribe Fly-out name. Included also option to deactivate function on specific posts. If you use the extension before than you need to deactivate it with migration to version 5
- new Opt-in Booster extension is now part of core with Subscribers Booster name. Included also option to deactivate function on specific posts. If you use the extension before than you need to deactivate it with migration to version 5
- update 100+ other improvements and updates
- Take a look of what’s new in version 5.0.